FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore Airport Lounges?
View Single Post
Old Jul 1, 2013, 2:33 pm
Swiss Tony
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by lax2010
The *A lounge finder found only the TG lounge in Terminal 1 for *A Gold member flying Y on the Singapore Airline; yet other posts above mentioned that the SATS Lounges or the KrysFlyer Lounges are also good for *A Gold members.

Are all of the above true? Are they all open 24-hour? Which one has a shower? Thanks!
Originally Posted by TheHawk2002
If I have gold status on UA, but am flying economy on Singapore Air, can I enter any of the lounges other than the ones you pay for? The Star Alliance web site doesn't make any sense to me. I think it says that if it is a contract lounge then unless I'm flying business class then I can't go in. Is this correct?

I'm flying into SIN.
As I understand it....

SQ has two 'Silver Kris' lounges - one in T2 and one in T3. You get access if you're flying in J on a Star Alliance carrier (we got in there on Lufthansa). Only the T3 one is classified as a star alliance lounge, so if you're *G you can use that one (all terminals are linked airside at Singapore). They also accommodate Star Alliance Gold pax in the SATS lounge in terminal 2.

What's more, SQ have another provision for their own elites flying in Economy on SQ - the Krisflyer Gold lounge.

Then you also have the Thai lounge in T1 which appears to be a Star Alliance lounge.

However if you're arriving into SIN then I wouldn't count on getting access.

That said, you'll be very comfortable at Changi without a lounge.