FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MCI - The Definitive Thoughts....
View Single Post
Old Jun 30, 2013, 10:16 am
allergictocoach

Originally Posted by Clay_C.
KC native who still travels there 2-3x per year. I am also against the exorbitant expense of building a totally new terminal...mostly because it is being sold partially under the ridiculous assumption that it will result in direct flights to more cities. There has to be a way to close one of the existing terminals and retrofit the remaining two in a way more consistent with 21st century conditions.

I am also a KC native and since I don't pay taxes there anymore I'm all for a new terminal. One thing I have always been proud of about KC is that it has the best of everything for a "smaller" metro area. We have pro sports teams that have always had their own stadiums. I think the Jackson County taxpayers just put some big cash into Arrowhead Stadium renovations. They put some rental car tax in place and built the Sprint Center downtown. There isn't even a legit tenant for that building (what Arena Football?) yet it was constructed. So I don't and haven't lived there for years but whyyyy all the fuss over a new terminal for the airport? Everything else in town that's outgrown its useful life has been replaced with a really great facility. I don't understand the hold up here.