FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel, Paris, France [Master Thread]
Old Jun 29, 2013, 9:40 pm
Renard

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by Muerz
It is a rebrand of a current Radisson Blu. Given the location, I'd expect it to become a Cat 8.
I've stayed there before a couple of times. Fine hotel with a nice breakfast. Rooms are all over the place in size and quality. Wifi was very iffy. It's overpriced for what it is as a Radisson Blu and I am sure it will be as a Marriott too. (You can get a lot nicer in Paris for the money and IMHO the location is not 'all that') I would NEVER pay cat 8 points for it though.

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I talked to the Plat line & they called the property in Paris, who said to check back after the 1st (Monday). The Plat line thinks the property will be loaded into the system then & can be booked for revenue nights/awards at that point.

Cheers.
It is still for sale on the Club Carlson website...so my guess is that Marriott can't sell rooms on their site until the official change.