FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which card(s) to use for high spend or large purchases? [Consolidated]
Old Jun 29, 2013, 5:58 pm
PainCorp
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by networkwasher
Thanks for the contribution! As mentioned in my original post, my only points right now are 10k UR points. I used to be a cash-back-only guy and always redeemed my points for statement credits, as I didn't have a ton of interest in traveling. I'm beginning to change that state of mind though

Do you really think I can get approved for the Chase UA card, with a Chase approval in both April and June of this year? From everything I've read, the June business card approval is going to be too close to a new application. Thoughts?
Doh! I missed the UR part, sorry! I'm right there with you, used to do cash back, and now I see the error in my ways.

The new accounts is a potential valid issue, being of a similar age, I opened two Chase cards in January and they just denied me an Ink citing the recent accounts. My income is also substantially less than yours, so take that all for what it's worth.

Might be worth trying for the Citi AA card, or the US Air card, but I think you'll have better luck with the Citi AA card, just make sure you find the 50k link. The spending on that is $2,500 or $3k, not sure anymore.

You just want one card? How much other spending can you put on it in a month?