FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Summer 2013 Promos (targetted)
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2013, 2:46 pm
nhwiki

Programs: ex-Delta DM (NWA was nice while it lasted), Hyatt Diamond
Rocks

Nada. 14 stays so far, will hit Diamond again (barely) in October. 40K in CC spend at the beginning of June; after that, it will be only for my remaining Hyatt stays.I have missed out on all of the targetted stuff.

As an aside, and to remind folk's bemoaning the lack of any decent general promotions, Hyatt GP was very generous before the collapse in 07, when the economy was doing well (albeit a false doing well) so the current economy I don't think has as much to do with the lack of promos as some others claim. It wasn't so much the economy alone or the CC that had much to do with the fantastic promotional landscape for Hyatt, but rather the desire to drive folks to the brand before it went public.

In 08 when I stopped all travel for reasons that had nothing to do with the economy, twice I was given a free room. Oh well. Those days seem to be over - here's what the email's said:

Dear NHwiki
It has been several months since you last stayed at Hyatt Hotels & Resorts™ and enjoyed the privileges of your Hyatt Gold Passport™ Diamond membership. Because we value your membership, we invite you to receive a free night when you complete an eligible stay at one of our distinctive Hyatt locations worldwide through August 21, 2008. Once you have completed your stay, the free night award will be good through October 31, 2008.