FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA86 Cancelled. BA87 not operated due to lack of crew?
Old Jun 28, 2013, 8:32 am
SpurMan

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Silver, HHonors Gold
Well, looking back from a days sleep. It's interesting to note that the miles I would have got have posted, as have the TPs, so no need for me to claim them, which is a small start. Be looking to see if the TPs and avios for the MUC - LHR flight will also post.

Regardless, I am still rather upset that we were handed this rather tortuous route home, when it was clear, unbeknownst to us at the time, that other options such as AC and VS were available to BA to get us home direct. LH is awful, and I am so glad I didn't have to pay for that flight. (Might as well claim the miles though!)

What also occurs is how we would have coped if we had not had the option of food in the lounge in MUC, as small as the selection was, and bearing in mind I am gluten intolerant so I had to risk the wrath of the chicken Schnitzel, and then the afternoon tea on the MUC LHR flight (which contrary to most comments on here, wasn't all that bad IMHO. We had no Euros with us (why would we, we were in Canada?), so would have been able to buy nothing, save with a credit card.

It took 36 hours to get home (from leaving the hotel) instead of 25, and God knows what would have happened with my folks if I had not been there to navigate through MUC. MUC is a sod of an airport to navigate, and the LH crew knew only it would go from T1 and was a long way.

Must do better on my next trip (which is already booked). That's already been screwed up with two IRROPS (though down to AA, as there are internal flights involved). You will be hearing from me shortly BA.

I think I'll have to do a TR for this little saga. Look out for it soon.