FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American going to Cuba with Canadian husband.....
Old Jun 27, 2013, 10:04 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
It's mostly about politics and special interest groups, most likely; there's not much strategically hinging on changes in the US relationship with Cuba. But further opinion is indeed more suited to OMNI/PR, as this forum is about travel to Cuba.

So now we return to the topic...

But
Originally Posted by RCyyz
As a Canadian, my personal view on Cuba is that Fidel (& now Raul) aren't Evil; they're just misunderstood.

I can understand that the American Government and possibly a fair portion of the American people were rather peeved at Mr. Castro back in October 1962, but gee 51 years is kind of a long time to hold a grudge ...

Anyhow, in these circumstances I would think that going for Canadian citizenship might be the logical solution particularly if the Cuba factor is going to be a long term thing.
Originally Posted by glg
Trying not to go too OMNI here, but I don't really think most Americans care, just a very small community in Miami who think that their corrupt government will return to power if/when Castro's government falls. That community's influence on our Cuba policy is ludicrously outsized.