FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend
Old Jun 27, 2013, 8:12 pm
saacman5033

Success after 2nd recon call (and a second pull)! Applied in May and was eventually denied. I currently have a VX and US card with them. Called recon in May and was told that they like my credit, etc. but are unable to extend additional credit to me at this time.

Went on a long vacation and just returned, itching to get more miles and I though I just couldn't let this one go without one more call. Second recon call today and I got a very helpful guy who asked for explanations on why so many apps/cancellations in the past year, but also pointed out that they were happy that I regularly used my VX card. He had to do another credit pull due to the amount of time that had passed, but was able to approve me soon after.

Tried the same thing for my wife who happens to have 3 Barclays cards currently open and was quickly denied for the 2nd time based on the notes previously on file from the 1st recon call.

Oh well, 50% is better than nothing and it'll get us much closer to our next trip to Australia.