FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2013 App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive
Old Jun 27, 2013, 3:51 pm
mintcilantro

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by PainCorp
Do the Arrival first.

Locking and unlocking bureaus during an AoR is going to be time consuming and annoying, at least IMO.

What is your goal, do you have a trip in mind? Have you looked at the UA card?
My current travel plans are to visit NYC in Fall (paid Y tickets, staying with a friend), Hawaii in Winter (HA miles, UR->Hyatt), Japan in May (US DM, club carlson), Alaska in July'14 (AA miles on alaska). My plan for hotels is manufacturing spend on club carlson and free nights from cards and promos (marriott, priority club).

I saw the UA 55k offer. I plan on getting it early next year. I'm cooling off with chase as I have 6 cards with them already. I redeemed 400k UA miles in last year and have low UA balance. I want to liquidate my AA balance (15k) and use cash back type programs to buy paid tickets (hate searching for award availability). With cards I'm getting, I will manufacture spend for revenue tickets with reward points.

I plan to get to the Citi TYP combos later when sign ups are better (Premier, Preferred, Forward etc)

Thanks for the bureau info.. what I realized is they see inquiries within minutes so last time even though I did apps quickly (<15 min total), Amex denied me for too many inquiries. I will have wife helping me with the lock unlock and submitting same bureau apps together. Not sure how it will work but it will take a lot of coordination. Hopefully the banks won't see other bureas and I can finish this off in 2 hours. I'll report how it goes