FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gallivanters's Ultimate Hotel Guide 7th Edition
Old Jun 27, 2013, 8:57 am
MikeFromTokyo

Originally Posted by Pausanias
Here's a sample of Lyn's latest work, her opening paragraph on one of the hotels she includes in her Guide:

"Oh, the quality! Oh, the staff! Oh, the attention to detail! After lunch, we discover a mini-turndown in our suite, in case we feel like a jet-lagged siesta, replete with eye pillows and organic essential oil. At turndown proper, there is a decanter of Alkaline Water, PH 8.5, to benefit my health and minimise free radicals. I love this place."

Now, I had thought of offering a prize to anyone who guesses which hotel she is talking about (it's the FSHK) but I think I might say that in an earlier life I was a professional writer and if I contributed a para like that I would expect to be sacked on the spot.

Lyn - I was wondering, should I cancel my reservation at the FSHK in January or should I merely suggest you return to Earth from whichever planet you are currently living on.

Pausanias, what is the purpose of these attacks on Ms. Middlehurst and the Guide? If you don't like it why do you subscribe?

I simply adore the Guide, and it is in fact the only travel publication to which I subscribe. I love the properties covered, the photography, and Lyn's writing style.

I completely disagree with your comments on the quotation regarding FS Hong Kong.