FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COPA Upgrades for United members?
View Single Post
Old Jun 26, 2013, 2:41 pm
Flying Machine

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
PQM 25% Bonus

Originally Posted by coolcoil
To get the 25% PQM bonus, you do need to call COPA or use their website. The ticket would be on COPA stock. Unfortunately, on the website it is hard to find combined COPA/UA tickets. The site only allows you to select cities to which COPA flies, so if your itinerary does not include one of those cities, that won't work.

The UA website will not show you COPA routings if UA has an alternative. For example, when I book IAD-MDE, the UA site will not show COPA's IAD-PTY-MDE routing. The exception to that rule is if you look up award travel instead of paid tickets.

I would look on Hipmunk or Orbitz. Find a routing that includes both airlines and call COPA to see if they can book it for you if you want the 25% PQM bonus. However, the COPA agent cannot apply the GPU. You will have to call UA separately to do that. If you want to use GPU's, any UA metal must be W or better.

I've never done it myself, since I don't have the patience for all of that.

I don't think that COPA has a 24 hour policy like UA. At least, I have never seen anything in their published materials that says so.
Hi there,

Just Booked an L Class fare on the COPA Site LAX-PTY-SCL and Open Jaw MVD-PTY-LAX I have my MP Number in the record. Will I get the 25% PQM Bonus or is this something that you need to register for. Thanks and Safe Travels..