FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Idea on how to realign gates in BOS
View Single Post
Old Jun 26, 2013, 1:09 am
lhl12

Programs: AA: EXP/5.2mm
Does anyone have any new information on where a merged US/AA is going to be once the terminal B renovations are complete? I am concerned that with the lead time involved in these sorts of things, AA and US could end up in separate, non-contiguous parts of New Terminal B, and we could wait years until they subsequently reconfigure the two airlines into a single, integrated, contiguous space.

I know the final phase of the Terminal B construction contract has been awarded and is underway, and that UA is slated to move from A/C to B when completed, but all those decisions were made long before the definitive announcement of the AA/US merger. In fact, even as of today the US/AA merger hasn't closed yet, and the two airlines are still operating independently for antitrust reasons and wouldn't even be able to hold joint discussions with Massport, I assume.

So I could easily imagine an original plan that had US and AA on opposite "ends" of new Terminal B, with UA in the middle. This would be horrible, and could persist for years until they reshuffled everyone within B. Is there any information out in the public domain that would reassure me on this?

Last edited by lhl12; Jun 26, 2013 at 1:33 am