FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton London Heathrow Airport (LHR) Terminal 5 {GBR}
Old Jun 25, 2013, 7:58 am
crisdean

Programs: BAEC
Hilton T5

Trying myself in writing a review about my short stay at the Hilton Terminal 5. This is my second stay at this hotel which I booked via British Airways. The room itself was a standard room with breakfast included.

As usual the service started nicely with a warm reception and upon explaining that I couldn't book the room directly via the hotel I was being asked if I wasn't a member of the HONOURS program. I confirmed that and the points should go onto my account. wasn't expecting that as it was booked via BA.

The room features a combo shower / bath and the rest was pretty standard. More than enough for me. The highlight for me was dinner at the Mezzanine restaurant, after having a Daiquiri which was the perfect start to my evening. Despite travelling alone I decided to not order room service and enjoyed watching some people and the food. Spectacular describes it the best. I went with the farmhouse terrine as a starter and moved on to roasted Aylesbury duck breast before having a destructed blueberry cheese cake. The taste was spot on and i washed the feast down with a double espresso.

The breakfast in the morning was pretty standard to what I've seen and eaten in many hotels. Enjoyed some sausages, scrambled eggs (not so good), cold cuts like ham and Salami and some rice puffs Plenty of orange juice and a bit if coffee finished that. Before heading out now I enjoyed some T-bone steak with pepper corn sauce. The capucchino is lovely.

All staff made me felt welcome and the parking ticket (after some initial confusion) was sorted pretty quickly. Oh and by the way. I've seen some spectacular departures right over the hotel. Unbelievably I didn't hear anything inside!

A splendid stay all around and certainly not my last one.

If there're any spelling errors I apologise. I'm typing this on my BlackBerry Z10.

Edit: To accompany my duck breast I ordered Stoneburn white wine. Was exquisit to say the least.

Last edited by crisdean; Jun 26, 2013 at 12:27 pm