FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency San Antonio Riverwalk REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jun 24, 2013, 9:31 am
K79

Originally Posted by prncess674
Most of the food on the riverwalk is pretty mediocre so if you go in with that in mind then you will be fine. Friday night we stopped at La Paloma around 8ish and we never actually ordered dinner. We ended up just eating chips, guacamole and salsa. We were worried that we were going to be rushed out and we had a perfect table right on the river so when she came to take our dinner order, we said we were just going to order the guac and drink. Not wanting the waitress to think we were cheap, I handed her a $20 bill and she became our new best friend as she continued to bring us cocktails and never rushed us.

Saturday we headed to Casa Rio which is supposedly famous. That night we did order dinner and again we had a great table so I give the food a break for not being great. The average entree price was under $10 so hard to complain too much.

I am sure that there is much better food in San Antonio, but it doesn't come with riverside tables.
Thanks! I guess in order to avoid disappointments, I wont have any expectations about good food on the river walk/front.