FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any Drawbacks from having MP account registered to foreign address?
Old Jun 23, 2013, 11:11 am
gnaget

Programs: UA *G MM
Originally Posted by username
I think by convention, the first over-the-water carrier tickets RTW tickets. I wonder say if you do NRT-ICN-FRA, what happens.... Assuming UA still has NRT-ICN, would UA ticket?

Still, the biggest puzzle right now is how UA will calculate the revenue for non-016 tickets that are partially operated by UA.
Not true. You can book anything via the *A website tool, which is effectively LH with LH ticket stock.

I have booked 2 RTWs this year starting with UA (ironically).

But UA would be so incompetent in dealing with a RTW ticket that it's not worth my time.

For your second question, I asked on the *A forum and someone gave some feedback about what SQ does; they have fixed amounts for segments. They have two separate paths to status. One by miles and one by revenue. Of course, they are stingy about giving miles for cheap tickets, which would be the better option for United.

For the latter, UA could still award full miles for cheap tickets (and not alienate infrequent non-status pax who spend 3 years for their domestic round trip) and then cut PQM for cheap ticket classes.