FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any Drawbacks from having MP account registered to foreign address?
Old Jun 23, 2013, 11:03 am
username
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think by convention, the first over-the-water carrier tickets RTW tickets. I wonder say if you do NRT-ICN-FRA, what happens.... Assuming UA still has NRT-ICN, would UA ticket?

Still, the biggest puzzle right now is how UA will calculate the revenue for non-016 tickets that are partially operated by UA.

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Why? Many of us have legitimate addresses in other countries - it's certainly not a 'trick' to move our accounts to that address as it's perfectly in line with the program T+C. Is United going to analyze the motivation of every member who moves their account? United cannot prove our motivation unless they discover the actual address for the account is not legitimate.
I have no problem providing phone number/address/documentation/door keys for residences in 3 countries. However, if one looks at my MileagePlus transactions, it is obvious I live in the US.

I guess what happens might depend on how many people take advantage of the exception... If it is bad enough, they will probably figure a way to crack down on it.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jun 23, 2013 at 11:51 am Reason: merge