FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Buddy Pass- OpenJaw and Stop over Rules
Old Jun 23, 2013, 6:57 am
aroundtheworld831

Thanks

Firstly, I have been best friends with the Delta employee for 10+ years. This is not the first or even 5th time I have used a buddy pass. I know there can be difficulties traveling on them. That all said, he is on vacation for another week, no big deal.

I was in Australia for a year and in Asia for about 6 months now. I asked for the buddy pass arranged which is currently only PEK-SFO (so I can get home). Once I take that leg the BP is gone. Instead of getting another one issued to me, I wanted to add on my trip from SFO-BOM in January (6-7 months from now).

I looked at Delta flights from SFO-BOM (on only Delta planes) and it flies via MSP /AMS. It is a multi-stop and only Delta planes. I have a friend I made living in Sweden some 6 years ago who currently lives in AMS. All I tried to ask the agent was to stop in AMS for a few days (not diverting from my original route). A stop over. She told me she couldn't do it because it was an Open-Jaw ticket. That is all well and fine, I can get another pass issued to me and let this one go. It just seems silly to do so and I was under the impression you could do one stop over and open jaw.

I was just asking here to try and clear this up without bothering my friend. That all said, I have a few weeks left here in China to sort it out. And as for where I travel after India (Nepal, etc...) don't worry, the atw ticket isn't necessary.

Cheers and thanks for everyones help