FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [GONE] Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, Seoul, South Korea [Master Thread]
Old Jun 23, 2013, 4:30 am
DH

Stay with Family

I finished second 4 nights stay last week; booked 2 rooms on award. Unlike my first stay last December, I had family with me.

When I requested the connected rooms and confirmed with the hotel. The problem is that connected rooms turned out to be next to each other not connected rooms. BTW 2 double beds room would be sufficient for family of 4 with 2 tweens. Additionally I was asked to pay for 2 children (beyond 2 people as part of Platinum benefit) to access the lounge even though we had 2 rooms. I explained to the lounge staff that all of hotels I have stayed at granted lounge access to whole family not just 2 people. Anyway we paid for breakfast for our 2 children at the restaurant since they are going by the book.

One last observation, the staffs are very young and their inexperience showed up time to time. They were often relying on Google/Naver search for the questions/request I had. One of question I had was self-service laundry and it took them a while to locate one which was 2 subway stations away. Second was about quick service to deliver luggage to next hotel. The lounge staffs had to ask around to find out its business handles such service. I'm sure they will improve with the time.

P.S. I still prefer this hotel over Westin Chosun which I found its staffs to be snooty.