FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any Drawbacks from having MP account registered to foreign address?
Old Jun 22, 2013, 4:52 am
5khours

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by bocastephen
That's the T+C today - but we're talking about the 'new' United which could change the rules overnight if it felt the 'spirit' of the new revenue requirements was being avoided by too many MP members suddenly going 'expat'.

At least DL is waiving the requirements for *all* SM Medallions who meet spending requirements on their credit card, and appears poised (although I don't trust them) to enhance the Medallion experience for the remaining members once they "rid the membership rolls of undesirable riff-raff".

Did UA offer an adjunct announcement that introduced new benefits for members in 2015 who meet the spend requirements? No. Probably because more service cutbacks are planned.
Again, I think the reason for the foreign exemption is legal. UA and DL don't have any choice so I don't think they can change them.

As a 1k I look at the recent changes as a major enhancement for me since there will be significantly less competition for UGs and award tickets. (Of course, it's certainly possible that a strike against 1K/GS is about to be delivered from the Death Star but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.