FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)
View Single Post
Old Jun 21, 2013, 3:43 pm
thehawk75

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by jwudbwei
... scanning through the page ...
... scanning through posts from yesterday (ah, lots from The Hawk) ...

A lot of claims but nobody has said they tried !
Since it is not in the T&C, the only way to know is TRY. I'll let you know next week, hehe, even it is probably goign to fail
Well, I wasn't making anything up when I said:

Originally Posted by thehawk75
Dairy products, gift cards, booze, smokes, stamps, etc are all excluded, as are 'taxes' for that matter. Although I have gotten CRV to qualify in the past.

That said, they still don't disclose the actual exclusions anywhere as far as I can tell. Not on any of the promotional material, nor the coupon itself. So, if you're willing to put the effort and perhaps debate with the manager for a while, they will ultimately honor the coupon for anything they sell in the store.
And note, saying 'I have gotten CRV to qualify in the past' was to also imply I've tried the other things mentioned as well

For that matter, I also get the store managers to honor booze all the time... You will never convince them to honor the coupon on another Visa GC though -- for obvious reasons.

And back in the old days when they listed the exclusions, on the very first post of the old thread, the exclusions are listed:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...groceries.html

And those exclusions of course included gift cards.

At any rate, you are of course welcome to try anyway.