FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TWA 800 New Probe ?
View Single Post
Old Jun 21, 2013, 7:46 am
ffsim

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by chollie
I don't know about this particular investigation, but how do you know that the few original NTSB investigators asking for a reinvestigation didn't speak up at the time of the original investigation? How do you know they didn't say something?

I don't know the inside details of how it was handled. There may have been internal disagreements (I've seen them in my own line of work). Generally, the folks who don't agree with the official finding speak their piece, accept that they are over-ruled, and go back to work. Not worth being a whistle-blower, potentially destroying their career, etc. Doesn't mean that they agree with the official story. Doesn't necessarily mean that they are conspiracy theorists.
This is a really good point, of course. But the one thing I keep coming back to is this: the reconstructed remains of TWA 800 have been used as a training tool for (hundreds of? thousands of?) NTSB investigators. Did everybody not notice anything and/or stay silent?