FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip Report: Raffles Dubai, Park Hyatt Dubai, Banyan Tree Al Wadi, Amanzoe
Old Jun 21, 2013, 7:16 am
xracer

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
premium/VIP at airport or not? (potential) traffic?
(DXB also has paid VVIP - car on tarmac)
I didn't really investigate what was available. The service that we had was just what Raffles provides their suite guests free of charge. I did not feel the need for any kind of security/passport assistance, since UAE is an 'easy' destination (at least for Americans) to arrive into.

Traffic in Dubai was pretty bad, but between the airport and the Raffles (and the PH, for that matter), it was very light - at least during the times that we were transiting.

sounds like bath and living had AC, good.
did you consider a stay at BT ras al khaimah beach ?
Both the bedroom and bathroom had separate A/C units. These were not wall units. They were under the tent and there were vents located all around the tent floors. There was also a backup wall unit in the bedroom area.

We thought about the BT RAK, but I think the beach there (like most of the of beaches in the UAE) is ugly. Plus, the villas are smaller and very tightly packed together.

FS hualalai does use amphitheater there
i presume aman will eventually have some amazing offerings
It's possible that it will be used in the future. And I think this would be cool. But when I asked, everyone (including management) seemed at a loss as to what they were going to do with it.