FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TWA 800 New Probe ?
View Single Post
Old Jun 21, 2013, 3:52 am
chollie
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I am generally a rather difficult person to convince when it comes to conspiracy theories, I understand that some of the peple who are coming forward and asking that this be reinvestigated are among the original NTSB investigators. Why they did not bring this up in the original investigation? If they are so sure that it went down the wrong path why didn't they say anything at the time? That is a rather nagging question. The conspiracy theory is that a missile brought the plane down.
I don't know about this particular investigation, but how do you know that the few original NTSB investigators asking for a reinvestigation didn't speak up at the time of the original investigation? How do you know they didn't say something?

I don't know the inside details of how it was handled. There may have been internal disagreements (I've seen them in my own line of work). Generally, the folks who don't agree with the official finding speak their piece, accept that they are over-ruled, and go back to work. Not worth being a whistle-blower, potentially destroying their career, etc. Doesn't mean that they agree with the official story. Doesn't necessarily mean that they are conspiracy theorists.