FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt and MGM Resorts Announce New Loyalty Program Relationship
Old Jun 21, 2013, 2:45 am
JackE

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by dingalpha
Not exactly. The rate on mlife.com is not fully prepaid, at least for my specific book made this morning. It asks for the first day's rate as the deposit and the rest amount will be due upon check-in. The rate is fully cancelable until 48 hrs before check in.

The deposit was charged by the hotel (VDARA) directly, I guess, since the pending charge on my credit card shows the name of the hotel I booked, i.e. (VDARA - CONDO HOTEL).

According to the FAQ on hyatt.com as quoted below, since the payment is made directly to the hotel, this rate should be considered as "M life-Eligible stay" and "M life-Eligible night", although I don' quite understand why they put a hyphen like this, instead of "Mlife-eligible" or "mlife eligible stay".

"An M life-Eligible Stay is:
Any stay where payment is made directly to a participating MGM Resorts International property; OR
Bookings made through Hyatt.com; OR
Bookings made through a Hyatt Global Contact Center.
"

If there is any mistake that I made in understanding the FAQ or interpreting the T&C, you are more than welcome to point it out and correct it.

Thanks

This is from the Mlife booking screen that comes up for me:

==================================
ARIA
Deluxe Room$119.20Room Tax$14.30
Total$133.50
DEPOSIT DUE
Room Deposit$119.20Room Tax$14.30Deposit Due$133.50
Balance Upon Check-in$0.00
Your M life savings: $33.38
ARIA
Resort Fee : $25.00
A daily resort fee of $25 (subject to applicable tax) is added to all room reservations upon check-in and includes the following hotel services: In-room Internet, Campus-wide wireless Internet, In-room local and toll-free calls, Fitness Center access, daily newspaper and airline boarding pass printing.

=============

There's nothing that mentions it being refundable. Perhaps we got different terms due to property, dates, etc.