FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Diamond Status Value
View Single Post
Old Jun 20, 2013, 1:23 pm
DougDons

Originally Posted by Dad to GO
I am merely talking about using Las Vegas as a way to put you over the top with those extra stays needed to hit Diamond. I don't travel for work but mostly leisure. I can get about 12-15 stays a year on my own at Hyatt locations. But... since I can get to Vegas for cheap (less than $150 round trip) is it worth it for those extra 10 stays needed to hit Diamond? We do plan on more international travel next year where there are Hyatt locations and really enjoy the breakfast and room upgrade perks (among others). Having said that I think that over a year span we would get way more value from the perks than the $800-1000 it would cost to get those extra stays needed in Vegas to qualify for Diamond.
If you're able to get a room that cheap and airfare that cheap, I'd say go for it especially since you are planning international travel. Plus, its not like you are doing a mattress run to the middle of nowhere, Vegas has a couple things to do and see...

My problem wouldn't be the travel expenses doing mattress runs to Vegas, it would be the blackjack tables...