FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Layover at DFW - where to go, what to do, how much time?
Old Jun 19, 2013, 8:49 pm
AbuAK

Programs: BAEC, Aeroplan
Red face DFW Connection

Heya

Sorry if this is the wrong area, I don't really have an idea where to post this.

I'm going back home for the summer on July 3rd and I had an opportunity to fly AAs new 77W so I'm flying LHR-DFW-YYC instead of my usual LHR-YYC on BA. I have a 7 hour connection at DFW and I figure I'll have about 5 hours to spend, so I was wondering what are some stuff I could do? I would really fancy going outside the airport into either Dallas or Forth Worth, I heard there's a train that can take you into downtown from airport. Would like to grab a nice lunch or something. Or would it wiser to stay in DFW - its Terminal D which I heard is the new decent one. I'm Canadian so no issues about Visa. What would you guys recommend?

Thanks!

EDIT: Some extra details - I will be arriving 13:15 and departing 20:05. Ideally I want to grab some food and also look at couple of shops and/or unique things at Dallas or Ft. Worth. I'm 19 so I don't think I'll be able to rent a car (I do have a Canadian drivers license so I may be able) so it will be TRE or cabs for me!

Last edited by AbuAK; Jun 20, 2013 at 9:01 am Reason: Extra details!