FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Envoy from BCN sold out months in advance?
Old Jun 19, 2013, 2:54 pm
apeortdz

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by steves
I am going to BCN Envoy (Chairman certs) through Frankfort at the end of October. I read this thread and checked the web site - they are asking me to accept a schedule change. Great! But then I realize I am still going through Frankfort. So I call the Chairman's desk - and ask to be switched to the direct PHL-BCN flight - which is 100% empty in Envoy. I am told no way - but I can switch to coach.

I explained that going direct would free up the Envoy to Frankfort - but more important the need to buy a ticket for me on Lufthansa from FRA to BCN. The fare is now lower and I am not asking for any credit. Still got nowhere.

I think this is the type of service that makes the frequent flyer (mostly for personal travel in my case) get exasperated. It is just seeming so hard these days - I have been a lot of places - soon it will be time to explore new places closer to home
I also have been in a similar situation, with the same results. It sure seems like logic should prevail, but it never does.