FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any Drawbacks from having MP account registered to foreign address?
Old Jun 19, 2013, 10:33 am
Brituchenite

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
I legitimately have UK and US citizenship, with a domestic address in both countries. I have a credit card in sterling with my UK address on it and a personal credit card in dollars with my US business address on it (but it's a personal card, not a business card in any way). To date, since the CO takeover, it has made no difference as to which card I use when. Generally, I use the US card for award bookings (because they always quote the extras in $), the UK card for revenue bookings (but sometimes the US card if it's cheaper to do so) and the US card for incidentals. It really doesn't appear to make the slightest difference.

As to the question of auditing the account, I simply don't know how they intend to establish what address should be used - are they going to have residency rules as complicated as tax authorities (who still allow many people to slip through the cracks)? I think that they will rue the day they start down that route. Anyhow, 99% of people simply can't produce a credible address in a foreign country - and I should imagine they'll leave it at that.
Do you have your UK address on the MP account, or your US address? I've always had my US address.

Last edited by Brituchenite; Jun 19, 2013 at 7:56 pm Reason: merge