FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jun 18, 2013, 4:34 pm
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Back at the hotel and disappointed. The last time I was upgraded to a nice suite that was a real suite. It appears there are not many of those because this time they told me I was upgraded to an "Andaz Large Suite."

Someone who worked on the Andaz design in NYC must have named the rooms here because it wasn't even close to being a suite, just a larger room. When I "discussed" this, they took me to another Andaz Large Suite which was even worse -- it had that horrible furniture room divider and a bathroom the size of a postage stamp, with a tiny shower/bath combination.

They say that they will give me more options tomorrow, but I am not only disappointed, I think they are committing a petty form of fraud when they call these rooms suites. Hogwash!

I stayed the earlier part of my trip at the Churchill and now I am disappointed that I didn't just return there.
I'm with you on this one underwhelmed by Andaz Liverpool in everyway from a product and recognition stance
Except the nice professional team members. The beds are the one other upside here much better than Churchill

But for 100 other reasons its only a Hyatt Churchill world for me when considering the two Hyatts in London
The new InterCon has a fantastic hard product room wise and nicer public areas.
Id reckon I'd rather have their standard room then a suite at Andaz
The deception is that Hyatt has allowed its hotels to damage the reputation of its program by allowing hotels to rename basic rooms as suites to by pass on actually upgrading.
It's very sad that a number of the nicer hotels now do this.
If the guest doesn't get upset the hotel gets away with it and Hyatt looks like other way.
The hotels count on some guests not knowing the difference. Hyatt really needs to step in and set the standard on revenue award or upgrade IMHO
Hope it goes better for you tomorrow
Cheers

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jun 18, 2013 at 5:20 pm