FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MileagePlus Premier Qualifying Dollar (PQD) Requirement Discussion [ARCHIVE]
Old Jun 18, 2013, 12:20 pm
thegrailer

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Because one can still fly 75K miles relatively inexpensively and can manufacture $25K CC spend for a ~$200 (Review HERE)

Originally Posted by zcat18
I think it's pretty easy. I'll make 1K for the first time this year (will probably end up with somewhere between 105-115k PQMs) and don't think I'm going to come that close to the $10,000 threshold.

In fact, Platinum is the level that seems to get screwed here, since it is the tier whose ranks will swell the most and for whom upgrade chances will be most diluted. I'd hate to have been 1K for the past 7 or 8 years spending $9,000 per year, only to wake up on 1/1/15 and be Platinum.

Yes, this is another major issue, considering that, in many cases, 50% or more of the cost of an international ticket is taxes and fees that United can probably claim are not PQD eligible.
Originally Posted by villox
How do you figure? Because all the 1Ks who weren't able to qualify will now be Platinums? Those, who would have beat them out previously?