FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MileagePlus Premier Qualifying Dollar (PQD) Requirement Discussion [ARCHIVE]
Old Jun 18, 2013, 7:27 am
trekwars2000

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by Blootch
Honestly this really only effects this who earn 1k on a pure mileage running basis. I qualified for 1k this year based on roughly half business half personal travel, and my spend was around $10k, which of course included taxes.

Unless business travel picks up next year though, I doubt I'll make the PQD cut. Either way I'm for thechanges, and think thinning the ranks at the top is only a good thing. All others can mmanufacture spend, or just put all spend on the CC for waiver.
+1. I did need MRs at the end of the year to get to 1K, but $500+ RTs to Denver add up fast on the revenue component.

Looking back (I'm half MR/Leisure and half work) in 2012 my spend was $11.5K on 102K miles. 2011 was $7k on 55k miles, 2010 was $8k on 61k, 2009 was $8k on 133k (DEQM year). So 10 c/eqm isn't a huge deal. That said, I do include vouchers in my totals - we'll have to see how that plays out.