FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gold Choice Car List by Location
View Single Post
Old Jun 17, 2013, 4:30 pm
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Nismo-R
I was over on the National forum because I'm thinking of doing a status match to try them out since I've already qualified for 5star this year plus don't put all your eggs in one basket etc etc.

I noticed the National guys have a thread where posters put what cars they found in Emerald Aisle and its organised by location. I know we have a gold choice experience thread and its probably a null endeavour because they change out cars all the time and its immensely varied but I think it might be a good idea to get a feel of what might be available based on frequency and also the chance of seeing something nice in there. Maybe even a pic of the aisle even if you don't actually use it.
So, I just status matched over to 5* from National Exec

The way the National board works is that there is a separate thread for each rental station - usually in the format "Cars at ATL" or something similar. That seems to work well, because people can post reports to the location-specific thread, and when you know you're headed to a certain station, you can browse that thread and see what cars have most recently been spotted there, as well as browse back and see a bit of history. It's also been helpful in that forum to post the day-of-week and time-of-day, because folks have noticed patterns around what cars tend to be available when.

I do have a related question, too. My first Hertz rental is in a couple weeks. Since it's my first, I don't have a master agreement on file yet and will have to stop by the counter instead of just checking out at the gate. Any clue how that would work with Gold Choice? Should I wander out to the aisle first, see/decide if I want something from that area, and then go to the counter to find out what I'm assigned and if I want to upgrade it?

I'd probably be open to paying a few bucks for something nicer, but want to do it in a way that's least annoying for whoever is checking me out. It'll be at BWI if that makes any difference.