FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Account Now?
Thread: Account Now?
View Single Post
Old Jun 17, 2013, 11:01 am
kcblakely

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Diamond; CCarlson Elite
Originally Posted by topenga47
good luck....nice long letter. you are taking the path of trying to have your account reopened so you can use your money in your account to "pay bills" or maybe the credit card back. I and others are taking the path of trying to get a check sent to us.....without the hassle of sending in a bunch of documentation to do so and closing our accounts. I'll keep you posted on how that goes, as will one of the other writers. I agree that it stinks that they "freeze" your account once they have money in it. In the end, I do believe we will all get our money back, in some manner. I am hoping that in 7 to 10 days I have good news to report.
You guys should look around in the manufactured spending forums. What you're experiencing isn't new. You'll get raked over the coals and strung along for a while - some more than others - but you'll eventually get your $ back. Your letters threatening consumer action won't help you, and neither will being real sweet and nice. Just be business-like, do what they ask and move on. Lots of other opportunities.

it's been said before: if you can't tolerate having a few $k tied up for a while then get out of the kitchen. or something like that....