FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thrifty really knows how to drive customers away
Old Jun 16, 2013, 8:53 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got this too. Not being used to Thrifty emails (I can't remember how many years it's been since I got the last one), I found the links "suspicious" (they were to some third party site I'd never heard of, rather than to thrifty.com directly). So I went to thrity.com to login, and it says my account in inactive because it's been so long. And it gave a number to call, but when I called it said it's closed for the weekend! So I fired off an email saying why did you send me this email if my account is inactive, and that this looks like a suspicious email!

So it sounds like they sent this email to absolutely everyone who still has a Blue Chip number on file!

And, btw, the email said that I'd be getting something in the mail. Well, since I'd been inactive at Thrifty, they no longer have my correct mailing address! So that was another clue that something was very wrong with this email.

On the one hand, it made me remember I once had a Blue Chip number. On the other hand, not the best "come back again" invitation that I can think of!