FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US/AA merger- MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD/incl 'when will US leave STAR'
Old Jun 15, 2013, 6:15 pm
burlax
Suspended

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
Originally Posted by username
. . . I think the end result would be an airline that is more like AA than US. However, every inch AA goes down to the US level (e.g. award availability and perks for elites), will give UA the incentive to follow.
You may be surprised, but a lot of US elites are pretty happy right now. Between the service quality, the fare levels, OTP, and upgrade %%, we don't have much to complain about for now.

Originally Posted by username
. . . My observation is that the US management team has the ability to adapt and learn. . . they should be a little smarter than knowing AA is a whole different aminal (just as Frontier would be ) and be a little careful.
Although US management team may not come across as a geniuses, I think they are smart enough to learn from the UA/CO merger, which they claimed they did. At the very least, from their intended course of action ( migration to AA ), it seems that they are not as reckless as $mi$ek to start innovations and enhancements mid-integration.