FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines
Old Jun 14, 2013, 6:32 am
LufthansaGermanAirlines
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by moeve
Dear Lufthansa
Why do you think that when I book my flights 9 months prior to departure AND choose my seat that I like finding us split up all over the aircraft when OLCI starts?

It really chips me off because my mom is a very nervous flyer and I have had my statisical crash so I am very particular about the seats I chose!!!I have had the dubious pleasure of having had to use those exiits in my life so I am very particular about how far away I am from them. I do not have to sit in the exit row but I like being in the close proximity so I book early so that I have the choice. Don't tell me about it not being garanteed. I took the trouble of booking AND paying so far in advance and I not on the cheapest rate either. Even my parents who have to same name and were seated next to each other now are not only several rows apart but also on different sides of the aircraft.

To crown it I reseated everyone in seats less than desireable to me (remember I am particular about how far away I am from exists) only to find the by the time I entered all the passport details (AGAIN -already did that this week) my dads seat had been changed once more.
Dear moeve,
I'm sorry to hear your seats have been changed on short notice. Unfortunately, even if you don't want us to refer to this, the terms and conditions state that a certain seat can't be guaranteed.
Of course I do understand you being upset, but can only offer to have a look at your booking and contact the airport to see if there's anything that can be done to help. Would you please send me all relevant booking codes via DM?
Vanessa