FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lightest carry-on bag
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2013, 5:35 pm
TravelinSperry

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by madorcruz
I have been lurking on this forums for a while and have been doing my own research on carry-ons(specifically spinners below 2.5kgs or 5.5lbs) as with most airlines I fly on(mainly Etihad,Emirates) have a 7kg limit.

I have been using the Rimowa Salsa Air cabin spinner( 1.9kgs) but have been unhappy with the single pole handle(any bag will wobble on it) and the fact that it's a hard case with no outside zippers means it's a struggle to get anything out at security.

So after much research, I bought the Delsey U-lite (soft case, 2.3kgs, 45L) and most importantly,spinner and with a large outside pocket(which fits my mac and toiletries for easy access at security) http://www.johnlewis.com/231747218/Product.aspx (link to the bag I got) It's not cheap at £145 but it's so well made(my first Delsey as I am normally a samsonite/rimowa fan) and it's going on its first trip this week to the far east.

I shall report back with wear and tear! Thanks for all the suggestions and info in this thread and I'm glad I'm able to contribute this time round.
Nice find! This bag is so cheap in Australia and NZ (but no US shipping). To ship to the US, John Riley it is (for about $270!). So how did it fare on trip? It definitely looks more sturdy than the Samsonite Short-Lite.