FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Jun 12, 2013, 7:49 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by midnightinharlem
Odd issue - I recently moved apartments (~1 month ago), and applied for one of the Citi AA cards with my new address. Citi has asked me to send in proof of address via a residual telephone bill (which I don't have) or a utility/water/cable bill (which is included in my rent). I sent in my rent, which shows the cable portion, but it doesn't look like that suffices for them. I have an existing Citi account (opened a Citi Dividend Select credit card 5+ years ago).

Any ideas on what to do?
Obviously this is too late for you, but for anyone else reading, I suggest you do it in the opposite order.

Immediately upon starting my recent apartment move, I changed my address at Citi (in fact, not to my new apartment address, but to my mailbox at a local UPS Store). Once I verified that my Citi bills were all coming to my new address, I applied for a new Citi card using that new address, and they didn't flinch. (Btw, because it was hard to do online, with multiple logins and all, I had changed my address iwth Citi over the phone. I don't know if that helped.)

But the point is, because of all this financial activity, my new mailing address is already in my credit reports. It's that presumably which any bank that doesn't yet know will check.

It's probably because they can't yet see your new address on your credit report that they want all this verification from you.

Did you update the mailing address on your Citi Divident Select account already?