FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The future of Comfort Class
View Single Post
Old Jun 12, 2013, 1:20 am
moeser

Originally Posted by vincewy
They could re-introduce a premium economy class (different name) in the future with fewer seats, from 21 in A330/A340 (2-3-2) to perhaps 32 in 777 (2-4-2), plus down to just 2-3 rows in narrow bodies by blocking middle seats. Some airlines did re-introduce Y+ to reflect the demand (EVA AIR).

I'll probably look into LH's Y+ in the future when I don't have vouchers to upgrade to J and need status miles to maintain E+ across the Atlantic.

FYI, at the moment, the closest product to Comfort Class (price and seat) is Icelandair's Saga Class. I don't really consider this a J product but it's priced at around $2200 JFK-CDG (you can do a stopover in KEF at no charge)

http://www.icelandair.us/information...es/saga-class/
I guess that LH is really appreciating the TK decision and not only a few customers will defect towards LH.Especially those with a M&M + M&S status.

When it comes to miles I wouldn't hang my hopes to high. E.g. LH P Fare is not eligible for miles on M&S since 2012.

I think you might earn a max.of 100% at the most for M&S but definitely not 150%.