FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone Ever Get Turned Down for Global Entry?
Old Jun 10, 2013, 9:54 pm
mike_L

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Jade_BR
In 2011 I successfully enrolled in Global Entry and have enjoyed membership with no hiccups until now. I travel internationally an average of 10 times per year for work so the program is really valuable to me. Last month I got an email telling em my membership was due to expire so I started the renewal process. Yesterday I received two communications - one denying my renewal application, the other revoking my existing membership. The reason? A "2009 CBP violation". My initial reaction was ... but then I remembered - in 2009 the entire family traveled to France. On the way home, my husband was asleep so I filled out the customs form (didn't have Global Entry then). His luggage was flagged for search, and he had inadvertently packed lunch meat in his suitcase. He paid the fine - even had to go to the ATM with a custom agent because it was cheaper to pay cash.

Now I am being told that because I filled out the form on behalf of our family - even though the meat was not in my luggage and he admitted to mistakenly packing it - I not only cannot renew my Global Entry membership, I am FOREVER ineligible for any US trusted traveler program. I am baffled. Is anyone knowledgeable about this? What can I do???
So, it appeared that you were approved previously dispite the "2009 CBP violation". If there was a record, you wouldn't be approved in in the first place, let alone the renewal drama, am I missing anything?