FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Questions about, guide to, and listing of, compensation (consolidated)
Old Jun 9, 2013, 11:00 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,9MM), WN
Date: 24 May 2013
AAdvantage Status: EXP
Fare class: Q
What happened: Tried to book a flight from LGA > LAS using a promotional code. Found a great fare, and went to input my information. After the payment screen the transaction produced an error, and the system wouldn't let me book the ticket. I got on the phone with AA.com Web Services, and spent over 90 minutes trying to figure out what went wrong. The agent insisted it was my desktop, but i was able to reproduce the error on an iPad and iPhone. Ultimately, the agent claimed that the fare was no longer available, even though it was showing on their site. She gave me the fare, without allowing me the promo code as it could only be used on the website. She also waived the telephone booking fee, but I thought this wasn't an issue for EXPs traveling on their own itinerary.
Compensation: $50 eVoucher to cover the discount I lost out on (~$12) and for wasting my time trying to diagnose my devices instead of their website.
Comments: It was totally inexcusable and the webmaster acknowledged as much in his response, which came a couple of days ago. Despite this, this will prolly be considered "my least substantive complaint."

Last edited by uxb; Jun 10, 2013 at 12:41 pm Reason: Typo