FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Starwood credit/points for Amex FHR (Fine Hotels & Resorts) or Virtuoso bookings?
Old Jun 9, 2013, 10:12 am
woolfcross

Programs: UA Platinum, US Air Gold, Starwood Platinum
That's the language I normally see with any FHR SPG reservations. You can click "Send Confirmation" to get the full details. $100 says you get SPG credit for the stay and at least the three paid night (and you should get platinum benefits too, but it's harder to account for the whims of front desk agents).

Alas, when I click "Send confirmation", I get the following message: "We’re unable to send a confirmation for this stay. Please contact us for details.". the contact is customer care. I have contacted them, but as yet have no reply. Sure doesn't sound too promising!

I'm thinking I'll just give this up and book the competitive pre-paid rate and use my suite upgrade certificates. Means I'll have to forgo the free breakfasts and the $100 food/beverage credit, but it's worth it if this is a "Third Party" booking, meaning that I won't get stay/night credits. It would help very much if Starwood (or the hotel) made the terms clear upon booking.

I've written to the hotel Front Desk manager for clarification, and will post if I get it!