FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary
Old Jun 8, 2013, 11:00 pm
skitch23

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by PumpkinSmasher
My question is, if I cancel the card before I use the miles, with the miles disappear? I was hoping to bank the miles for later on.
Once the miles post to your DM account, they will remain yours indefinitely provided your DM account remains active. Keep in mind that depending on statement closing dates it may take more than one month for the miles to post.

Originally Posted by PumpkinSmasher
My other question is, even though I am a Dividend Miles member, I had some miles that expired a few years back (it wasn't a ton, but it was like 5,000 miles). I've read that you can request those miles back and it's usually granted. Anyone had any experiences with this or know how to go about that request?
If it hasnt been more than 36 months you can pay a reinstatement fee to get your old miles back. Per the current chart it looks like less than 5k miles is $10 and 5-20k is $50. Anything further back than 36months have been purged permanently.

http://www.usairways.com/en-us/divid...mberguide.html

EDIT: there is also this quote on the link I provided "You may also reactivate your account with a US Airways credit card. This option is available only to applicants who are citizens or permanent residents of the United States. To reinstate miles as part of this offer, you must apply, be approved and make at least one qualifying purchase." So I read that to mean that if you get the USMC they will waive the reactivation fee. Anyone else read it that way?

Last edited by skitch23; Jun 8, 2013 at 11:05 pm Reason: Edited to add info about reactivation with CC purchase