FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sky Club beverage changes confirmed by DL
Old Jun 8, 2013, 4:50 am
HongKonger
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by pbarnette
Originally Posted by HongKonger
The triangle test is key. knowing the difference is all thats required. Which one the taster prefers will always be a matter of opinion and matters of opinion cannot be objectively proved. however if a majority of the target market consistently prefers one bran in blind tests then it can be established that it is the brand which should e considered superior within the context of the test (i.e. "Which brand will establish the mood of the "exclusive experience" we are aiming to offer?")
Were people actually doing blind taste tests, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
So let's do one. Bubbashow offered to fly longing4piedmont to DTW and he disappeared right after that, I can't speak for him but if he would extend the same offer to you, are you game? Or maybe someone could make YouTube videos, that would be cheaper.

As a consumer of neither rum nor vodka nor neat gin I have no dog in the which one is better argument, but I bet it's possible to tell the difference. As a consumer of Bailey's, DL has not even bothered to provide a cheap alternative and call it "premium" or "well-known." So even if by some chance nobody can differentiate between the formerly complimentary brands and the now complimentary brands, you cannot say that DL is providing the same experience that paying customers paid for.