FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - B777-300ER likely to be 10 across
View Single Post
Old Jun 8, 2013, 2:52 am
pilatusguy

Programs: LH SEN only nowadays, AF & AY basic. Radisson Blu fan :-)
Personally I find 10 abreast not that bad and never had any issues with space. But then I have never flown 10 abreast on a TATL route where some of the people probably require more space than on routes to Asia...
For me, seat pitch is much more important.

Originally Posted by oliver2002
LXs Y product is nothing stellar right now, but still compares to EK.
Would go a step further here and say that EK Y beats LX Y hands down. EK has better meals, friendlier staff, MUCH better IFE and once you have status on EK the lounges are also massively better.
LX Y has become worse over the last few years with service quality also going down tremendously. There are multiple reasons for that, but the way the treat their Cabin Attendants definitely does not help their motivation (i.e. the super short stop in SIN, replacing A340's with A3330 that don't have crew rests, etc)

So not surprised to see them going 10 abreast, clearly quality is no longer the primer in the back of the bus but it's literally all about money. Luckily the brand name still radiates quality, but this may change quicker than Harry would like!

Originally Posted by verve
I don't have to worry since I never would fly Y on a longhaul flight
I said the same 3 years ago... now I am doing 350k/year in Y... and therefore looking for a new job :-) "sag niemals nie..."

PS: ok, just reading that post again and realizing it's a bit of LX bashing... sorry about that, will post anyway