FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US/AA merger- MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD/incl 'when will US leave STAR'
Old Jun 8, 2013, 12:15 am
awadryheat

Programs: AA EP
*A Lounge Hassles

I'm US PP, and UA PS, and paid lounge with US. I'm leaving US and accumulating miles on UA because of this merger. The LAX *A lounge staff tonight was just flummoxed with my US paid lounge card. Had to get the supervisor. Acted as if i was crashing a wedding. They kept waving my boarding pass at me saying "it's only silver" ... I get various levels of hassle everytime I try to access any lounge other than US or UA domestic lounges. I understand these folks aren't highly paid and are probably almost untrained. I kept telling the clerk to scan my US Club card - and she acted as if it would blow up. She finally got her supervisor who scanned the card and voila success! She was really unhappy that she had to let me in. I'm starting to wonder if I should go for a status match from Delta. I imagine I'd get the same poor treatment from them. Competition is so minimal now with 3 carriers that we can be treated poorly and still continue to use the airline that has a hub near home.