FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Australian Dollar
View Single Post
Old Jun 7, 2013, 8:16 pm
bensyd
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
Morton's seemed to think that they were going to change the face of dining in Sydney , why don't these places do their research - it's like the Starbucks that opened across the road from my favourite coffee place. Guess who is still there while the bad coffee chain is less than a distant memory.
I think you nailed it, they don't do research. It was probably a case of "well there's no upmarket steak houses so the market is ripe for us".

Originally Posted by Wildvet
Just curious...are the food prices at Imperial indicative of pub prices in the Sydney area? Or is this not considered a pub? I'm going to be in Sydney next month and am trying to get an idea of what to expect when eating out.

Thanks!
As Badger says, the prices at the Imperial will tend to be on the higher side. It's been a long time since I was at a pub in Pyrmont but it will be cheaper than Paddington. You might also want to check out Newtown. If you like cheap food, there's some great places there (restaurants and pubs). The Sultan's Table does the best pide in Sydney, imho. And Faheem Fast Food across the road does some very well priced curries.