FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GE/PreCheck and Existing Reservations - do I need to do anything additional?
Old Jun 6, 2013, 9:27 am
kratch44

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum, AAdvantage Platinum, AmEx Platinum
I'm a little confused about my Global Entry situation, I got a final approval notification when I wasn't expecting it... Hoping someone can help clarify if I need to do anything else...

I applied for Global Entry (Mainly for PreCheck, as I travel at least weekly domestically, though I go internationally once in a while), and I scheduled an interview. I was already out of town and got re-routed and didn't make it home the week of my interview, so I didn't have my passport on me.

I decided to attend the interview at ORD and my fingerprints were taken, etc., but the CBP agent told me he would be unable to approve my application until I came back (He said no appointment was necessary- just show up, show my passport, they'll click approve).

I hadn't had the time to stop in the CBP office anywhere to show my passport since the interview (about 1.5, maybe 2 months ago), and yesterday I got an email that there was a change in my status. I assumed I had been denied due to my negligence in finalizing the app, but to my surprise, I had a notification that I had been approved and my Global Entry card was on its way. It said just make sure I activate it when I receive it in the mail.

I have a Global Entry/Trusted Traveler Membership number/PASSID, and my status is "Approved" with an expiration date in 2018. Am I good to start using Pre-Check and/or Global Entry? Do I just start adding that number to my flight reservation and go for it?