FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US/AA merger- MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD/incl 'when will US leave STAR'
Old Jun 6, 2013, 8:24 am
PWMTrav

Originally Posted by Memphis Mile Hound
With the Delta Memphis hub getting the axe, I am thinking of making the switch to US-AA. I was a Chairman's Preferred back in 2001-02, and I have some fond memories of the service, but my recent experiences on US have not been very good. That said, it does offer good flight availability to the places I travel the most, and it doesn't look as though DM has been gutted to quite the extreme that SkyPesos has.

Anyone have any thoughts or insight as to where US-AA is heading with the FFP? If they are going to be more like AA, then I will definitely make the jump, even though it will make it hard for me to hit my usual status this year.
IMHO, even if the FFP comes out entirely as USDM or as AAdvantage, you're still better off than Delta. Given that it'll be some blend of US and AA, I have to think you'll be that much better off.

What makes you like the AA program better than US? I'm a low level US elite, so I am very partial to DM - the bottom tier benefits are probably the best of any program. I hadn't given it much thought as a top tier, but I'm guessing the EXP SWU certificates are pretty nice.