FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Priority Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2013)
Old Jun 5, 2013, 8:37 pm
idlechill

Programs: UA Silv, IHG Plat, HH Gold, WN A-List
Crowne Plaza Downtown Dallas

- What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
I was satisfied despite many negative reviews I had read online.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
I booked a standard king and received an upgrade to a balcony king.

- How are the rooms?
The room was fine and clean. It felt large enough. There were enough TV channels to occupy me in the evening. The balcony was alright, nice enough to go out onto in the early morning before it got too hot.

- How is the exec. lounge?
N/A - if there was one, I didn't venture.

- What was good and what was bad?

The Good
  • Clean Room
  • Comfortable Bed
  • Self Parking with In/Out Privilages
  • Direct access from the Parking Garage to the elevator and my floor without going through the lobby.
  • The upgrade & cookies provided.
  • Maid service acknowledged my DND sign all weekend.
  • Allows pets - had a furry one with me and the misses.

The Bad
  • Small bathroom
  • Building doubles as a night club. It is rowdy downstairs in the evenings.
  • Because there is a night club in the building, parking was tough to come by late night and there were beer bottles and broken glass everywhere.
  • A/C did not keep as cold as I would have liked. Struggled to reach 70 F. My Norwegian blood requires at least 65 F at night.

- Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Value was alright for downtown Dallas. After parking ($14/night), pet fee ($25/night) and tax - all combined I paid ~$136/night using the AAA rate (which was something like $84/night room only). I read some awful reviews about this place, but I was satisfied even with my "bad" list and would return*.

*only because the furball with us and needed a hotel that took pets. I probably wouldn't return to this location otherwise if I could get a better deal elsewhere and we are without our pet.